Another submission to the 2020 BSS Sundial Design And Restoration Awards, this time from our Patron Sir Mark Lennox-Boyd.
- The Voss Obelisk
- Pair of declining reclining slate dials with a third information slate
- Burlington Slate dial plates with gold-plated bronze gnomons
- Dial plates are approximately 40 cm square
- Design and delineation:
- Mark Lennox-Boyd
- Dial Plate Cutting:
- Ben Jones
- Fabrication by John Huddlestone.
- Portuguese Granite cut in Portugal and supplied by Lantoom Quarry, Cornwall
- Hidden metalwork:
- John Huddlestone
- Mark Lennox-Boyd and Ben Jones: ‘The Voss Obelisk, Time for Evermore’, BSS Bulletin 31(iv) 12-16 (December 2019).
BSS Sundial Design And Restoration Awards 2020
There’s still time to enter the competition, so for those who have been creating dials during lockdown now is the time to share! For more information, see details of the competition.