The 2016 BSS Conference will be held in Liverpool from Friday 15th. to Sunday 17th. April. More details will be provided over the forthcoming months but, to whet your appetites, some initial information is provided here.
Accommodation will be at Jurys Inn in the Albert Dock area:
The Albert Dock complex is convenient for
- All the Albert Dock shops
- A pick-up point for the Liverpool “Magical Mystery Tour”
- The Tate Art gallery
- The Liverpool Maritime Museum.
- The Museum of Liverpool Life
- The Pier Head
- The terminus for the Mersey Ferries.
- Easy access to Liverpool 1 shopping centre
- Liverpool’s answer to the London Eye
Visit Liverpool provides a comprehensive guide to the city and what’s on.
The museums in the Albert Dock do not have any sundials, but the Liverpool World museum is only a one mile walk or accessible via the hop-on, hop-off Liverpool city bus tour. The museum contains an excellent “Time” display in the museum with various dials, octants, sextants etc. and a sundial by Alan Smith outside.
And for anyone questioning the connection between Liverpool’s most famous sons and sundials, look no further:
Perhaps Tony Moss was inspired by the video to seek a new recruit: