Click to see full size picture
Beaumont House was built in the grounds of Levens Hall near Kendal in 1680, and the dial, in various incarnations, has been there since shortly afterwards. In 1990 it was of painted wood. It is now faced with a sheet of metal, painted by a Kendal signwriter. The initials 'sBh' are for Hal and Sue Bagot, the Hall's owners.