The dial is on the west front of the Cathedral.
It is painted over nine courses of stone-work as black lines and numerals on a white ground. There is gold infill to the large ‘1762’ (the original date) and to ‘arrow’ heads on the half hour markers. Upright Roman numerals give the hours from 2 pm to 8 pm with IV for 4 pm. The subdivisions are half and quarter hours.
Four dates are given, in Arabic numerals, on the face of the dial: 1762, 1914, 1968 and 2009. These record the original date and subsequent restorations.
This is one of three dials on the walls of the Cathedral.
Cambridgeshire PE1 1XS
TL 195 986
Paint on wall
1520 x 1520